Try these quick and easy recipes from greenmonday.co.za this summer
- 450g linguine
- 1 bunch fresh basil (reserve some leaves for garnish)
- ½ cup (115g) pine nuts
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2T lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup (115ml) olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (225g) halved cherry tomatoes or sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of colour and flavour, top the pasta with cherry or sun-dried tomatoes. Divide the pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.
(This recipe serves 4-6 people)