Richard and Simone Hirsch select a few favourite recipes from their cookcook to serve at a stylish summer lunch
- 60ml olive oil
- 500g calamari tubes and tentacles, cleaned and cut into neat portions
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500ml low-fat cream
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 14ml paprika
- juice of 1 lemon
- 90ml fresh chives, finely chopped
- rice or garlic bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the calamari tubes and tentacles and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the calamari as it cooks, draining off any liquid that begins to accumulate. You may have to do this two or three times. If there is any liquid present, the calamari will go rubbery.
- Add the cream, garlic, paprika, and lemon juice. Bring it to the boil, then immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and cook a further 1–2 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve garnished with the chopped chives on a bed of rice or with some garlic bread.
This recipe serves 4 people