Richard and Simone Hirsch select a few favourite recipes from their cookcook to serve at a stylish summer lunch
- 8 unpeeled potatoes, grated and squeezed dry (about 500ml)
- 30ml fresh chives, snipped
- 30ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 30ml cornflour, potato or rice flour
- 10ml potato seasoning spice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 4 x 250g boneless, skinless salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towel
- lemon or lime wedges
- green asparagus, steamed
- Preheat the oven to 180–200ºC.
- Microwave the grated potatoes on 100% power for 10 minutes and drain well. In a medium-size bowl, combine the potatoes with the chives, parsley, cornflour, potato or rice flour, potato seasoning spice, salt, pepper and oil.
- Place the salmon fillets on a greased baking sheet or an ungreased Silpat baking mat, and firmly press the shredded potato mixture on top of each piece of fish.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until golden brown. The fish should flake easily and the potatoes should have a good crust.
- Serve garnished with lemon or lime wedges together with the steamed asparagus, quinoa confetti salad and the Zanzibarian aubergines.
COOKS’ NOTE: Try sweet potatoes instead of ordinary potatoes. If you’d like a crispier topping, grill the fish for 2–3 minutes after baking it.
This recipe serves 4 people