Make the most of the apples and pears readily available at supermarkets and fruit shops this month. Here’s a selection of recipes from Tru-Cape you’ll want to try
- olive oil for frying
- 4 large pre-soaked wooden skewers
- 1kg boneless pork neck, cubed
- 250ml plain yoghurt
- 1T ground coriander
- 1t ground turmeric
- 1 large green chilli, finely chopped
- 1t ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 1t ginger, finely grated
- 2T fresh coriander, chopped
- 1t salt
- 2t finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large apples, skin on, cubed and rubbed with fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add the pork in a mixing bowl and mix in all the remaining ingredients. Give it a good stir to coat the pork cubes all over. Cover and marinate for 5 hours in the fridge.
- Thread pork and apple chunks alternatively onto skewers. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the kebabs in batches (2 minutes per side). Pack onto an oven tray and cook for another 5 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove and let the pork rest before serving.
(This recipe serves 4 people)