Brookdale’s Heavenly and Healthy Flavours cookbook, R280, proves that healthy eating needn’t be dull
- 4 fresh figs
- 1-2T raw honey, divided
- 2T roughly chopped almonds, toasted
For the infused yoghurt
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1t vanilla paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut a cross on top of each fig and give it a squeeze to open it a touch.
- Place the figs in a shallow baking dish with about 1cm of water.
- Drizzle half the honey over the figs.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- The figs should be soft but hold their shape.
- Open the figs, sprinkle almonds and drizzle the remaining honey.
- Serve warm on a bed of infused yoghurt.
(This recipe serves 4 people)