The fresh flavours of these colourful dishes make them ideal for a light spring lunch
FOR THE BASE:
- 150g Tennis biscuits, crushed
- 150g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 150g butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- 375ml cream
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- fresh lime zest
- icing sugar
- cream, whipped (optional)
- raspberries (optional)
- To make the base, combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter together. Press the mixture into the base and up the sides of a tart or flan case. Chill the tart shell until required.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- To make the filling: place all of the filling ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell and bake for about 30–40 minutes, until just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve topped with fresh lime zest, freshly whipped cream and raspberries.
COOK’S NOTE: To make an easy lemon tart, simply swap the limes for 4–5 lemons (according to taste). You can also use a ready-made sweet shortcrust base instead of the biscuit base.