Inspired by a love of food and decor shopping, stylist Taryne Jakobi decks out her table for the perfect girly brunch
- 500g asparagus, trimmed
- 30ml sesame seeds
- 45ml olive oil
- Maldon sea salt flakes, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE MUSTARD BUTTER:
- 200g butter, softened
- 15ml wholegrain mustard
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 500g smoked salmon slices
- To make the mustard butter: whizz all of the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Spoon the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll into a log shape and wrap it well in the plastic.
- Refrigerate to harden.
- To make the asparagus: preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 1–2 minutes, drain and refresh in iced water. Drain well.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a baking tray and scatter with sesame seeds and drizzle with olive oil. Season well with the salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 10–15 minutes.
- To serve: place the asparagus on a serving plate. Serve hot topped with slices of mustard butter and salmon accompanied by the buttery eggs, pancetta and oven-roasted tomatoes.
This recipe serves 4–6 people