These delicious recipes from Le Creuset are perfect for laidback weekend lunches and brunches
- 6 large, firm tomatoes
- 1T olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 60 g fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1t oregano nutmeg
- 2T pine nuts
- 2 slices of bread
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Halve the tomatoes and rub the open half with olive oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Mix the ricotta with the finely chopped spinach. Season to taste with oregano, nutmeg, freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Heat a grill pan and roast the pine nuts.
- Grind the slices of bread finely and grill the crumbs in the same pan. Remove and clean the pan.
- Heat the grill pan again and cook the halved tomatoes, cut side down. Turn them over and add a spoonful of the ricotta mix.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Cover with a fitted lid or aluminium foil; make sure this does not touch the tomatoes. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes at a low temperature. The tomatoes must be warm, but still somewhat firm.
- Serve with spinach salad and sprinkle the breadcrumbs and pine nuts over the top.
Cook’s tip: This dish is delicious with mashed potatoes.
This recipe serves 6 people