These easy, summer recipes are ideal when you’re having friends over
- 2kg sweet potatoes
- 15ml olive oil
- 250ml thick teriyaki sauce
- 6 fresh red chillies
- 200g fresh medjool* dates
- red chillies, thinly sliced
- handful micro rocket
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash and dice the sweet potatoes into 2cm cubes. Drizzle with the olive oil and roast in the oven for 1 hour or until soft.
- Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the roasted sweet potatoes and pop back into the oven for a further 10–15 minutes.
- Deseed and slice the fresh dates into thin slivers.
To serve: arrange the roasted sweet potatoes and dates on a wooden board or platter.
Garnish with the sliced chilli and micro rocket.
COOK’S NOTE: *You can use any kind of fresh date.
(This recipe serves 8-10 people)