These easy, summer recipes are ideal when you’re having friends over
- 3 large fennel bulbs
- 125ml good quality olive oil, plus extra for frying
- juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 10 fresh figs
- 300g jar marinated artichokes
- black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan shavings
- Cut the tops off the fennel and chop the bulbs into eight pieces. On the stove, heat some of the olive oil in a griddle pan and fry the fennel until browned with charred grill marks.
- Mix the lemon juice, Parmesan and remaining olive oil. Place half in a bowl and add the grilled fennel.
- Reserve the rest of the dressing.
- Rinse and quarter the figs, and the artichokes and arrange them on a platter or wooden board with the grilled fennel.
To serve: drizzle the remaining Parmesan, lemon and olive oil mixture over the top and finish off with black pepper, to taste and garnish with Parmesan shavings.
(This recipe serves 8–10 people)