Long days and balmy evenings call for light meals and summery flavours, like this delicous and easy to make salsa verde kingklip. Invite a bunch of friends over and enjoy
- 8 fresh kingklip fillets
- juice of 2 lemons
For the salsa verde
- 5 red spring onions
- 2 large handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful fresh mint
- 120ml good quality olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 90ml basil pesto
- salt and pepper
- flat-leaf parsley
- To make the salsa verde: finely chop the spring onions, parsley, garlic and fresh mint.
- Place them in a bowl together with the olive oil and basil pesto; mix well and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan with a bit of olive oil on the stove and fry the kingklip fillets for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish and add about 125ml of the salsa verde to the pan.
- You will notice that the fish produces a lot of its own liquid. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the fish fillets are tender and flaky.
- Garnish with parsley, a few more generous spoons of fresh salsa verde and serve immediately with the grilled fennel, artichoke and fig salad and the roasted teriyaki sweet potato with dates.
(This recipe serves 8-10 people)