This interesting menu by Marc Shotland and Quique Sanchez will bring the whole family together this summer
FOR THE HERB PESTO:
- 30g pine nuts
- 30g macadamia nuts
- 60g fresh basil leaves
- 20g fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60g Parmesan cheese, freshly and finely grated
- 80ml olive oil salt and freshly milled black pepper
FOR THE PASTA SAUCE:
- 200g broccoli florets
- 150g asparagus tips, trimmed
- 400g angel hair pasta or spaghettini
- 10ml lemon juice
- freshly milled black pepper
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled handful rocket leaves
1. To make the pesto: cook the nuts in a hot frying pan for 2–3 minutes until lightly toasted. Allow them to cool.
2. Transfer the nuts to a food processor with the basil, coriander, garlic and Parmesan cheese and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil a little at a time until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
3. To make the pasta sauce: boil or steam the broccoli and asparagus for few minutes until tender, drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
4. Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and return the pasta to the warm empty pan. Stir in the pesto, according to taste. Add the reserved vegetables, lemon juice and season with pepper.
5. Garnish with feta cheese and rocket and serve immediately.
COOK’S TIP: Cover the pesto completely with a layer of olive oil and it’ll keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe serves 6 people as a starter