Food stylist Natalie Bell (082 575 4411) serves up English country food with spicy accents for a memorable winter lunch
- sweet potatoes
- baby marrows
- sunflower oil, for frying
- Himalayan salt or Maldon sea salt
1. Wash the vegetables and dry thoroughly. Using a vegetable peeler, make long ribbons from the vegetables (these should be as thin as possible).
2. Heat the oil in a deepish pot and when hot, fry the vegetable chips in small batches, watching carefully as they cook very quickly. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Sprinkle with Himalayan salt or Maldon sea salt. Serve at once.
Adjust the amount of veg depending on the number of people you’d like to serve.
RECIPE: NATALIE BELL