Last updated on 24 October 2016
Make the most of the apples and pears readily available at supermarkets and fruit shops this month. Here’s a selection of recipes from Tru-Cape you’ll want to try
- 5 red peppers
- handful of slivered almonds
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2T apple cider vinegar
- 6T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Halve the peppers, remove the white parts and seeds and place under a hot grill for 30 minutes, skin side up. When the skins turn black, remove from the oven and transfer to a bowl covered with plastic wrap to let them “sweat”.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skins off and slice the flesh into long strips.
- Pour over the vinegar, olive oil, garlic and season generously with salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and serve with fresh basil leaves.
(This recipe serves 4 people)