These mouth-watering dishes will inspire you to explore new flavours.
FOR THE HERB AND PEA FALAFEL
1 (410g) tin chickpeas, drained
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
1 small onion, finely chopped
30ml fresh parsley, chopped
30ml fresh mint, chopped
15ml lemon juice
15ml lemon zest, finely grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
45ml cake flour
10ml ground cumin
5ml baking powder
3ml cayenne pepper
salt and milled black pepper, to taste
30ml oil, for frying
FOR THE MINT YOGHURT
180ml plain low-fat
45ml fresh mint,
very finely chopped
salt and freshly milled pepper, to taste
peas, for garnish (optional)
1. To make the herb and pea falafel, place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor and blend until combined, but still chunky. Season with salt
2. Using floured hands, shape spoonfuls of the mixture into small patties.
3. Place the falafel in a single layer on a lined baking
sheet and refrigerate for
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the falafels in batches for 5–6 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
5. Combine all the mint yoghurt ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the falafel warm with the mint yoghurt and lemon wedges as a starter or part of a mezze platter.