Fresh flavours make this easy-to-prepare noodle dish a must for a spring lunch.
220g white chocolate, broken into pieces
3 eggs, separated
2 limes, finely grated zest
2ml ground cardamom
15ml cold water
5ml gelatine granules
250ml cream, whipped
white chocolate shavings
fresh edible flowers or
1. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl.
2. Once the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat and stir until smooth.
3. Stir in the egg yolks, lime zest, juice and cardamom and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
4. Stir the cold water into the gelatine and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Melt the mixture gently in the microwave until liquid and stir into the chocolate mixture.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
6. In a spotlessly clean bowl, whisk the egg whites, using an electric beater, until firm peaks form. Stir a third of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mousse.
7. Carefully fold in the remaining egg whites.
8. Spoon the mousse into serving dishes or glasses, cover and place
in the fridge for at least 2–3 hours to set.
9. Before serving, top with a dollop of whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, fresh berries and an edible flower, if desired.