We’ve teamed up with Josie Eveleigh of Where Josie Goes to bring you an exciting new online series Feasting in France.
Recipe for apple cider glazed onion tart below
View this post on Instagram
Found the perfect viewpoint at @HotelColonBarcelona for a final goodbye toast to a city that’s stolen our hearts over the past few weeks.⠀ ⠀ Barcelona, we’ll miss you and the guarantee of daily siestas, sunset swims at 9pm and mostly, that we don’t even feel bad smashing a paella for dinner, because you’re so beautiful – we’d happily walk ⠀ 100 000 steps a day to get to know you better. ⠀ ⠀ #VivaEspana
Follow Josie’s cooking adventures in France as she joins well-known South African chef and author Marlene van der Westhuizen in her home in Charroux to learn how to cook French style. Every week we’ll bring you two new recipes which you can find here on our website.
APPLE CIDER GLAZED ONION TART
1 sheet puff pastry
125ml apple cider
50g castor sugar
15 small onions, peeled and halved
1T dried basil
250g goat’s milk cheese, sliced
6 sprigs thyme, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly buttered baking tray in a circular pie shape.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the apple cider to a slow boil.
4. Melt the sugar and butter in the cider before adding the onions and sweet basil.
5. Cook until the cider has almost evaporated and the onions are lightly caramelised.
6. Place the goat’s milk cheese slices on the pastry, spoon the onions evenly on top, using the butter, sugar and cider syrup to glaze.
7. Tuck and pinch the pastry up around the onions to form the sides of the tart and bake for about 30 minutes.
8. Garnish with the thyme and serve with a green salad.