Welcome your friends with this sophisticated meal.
FOR THE SRIRACHA STEAKS
60ml Sriracha Sauce
60ml olive oil
45ml lime juice
30ml brown sugar
15ml soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
milled black pepper
1kg beef fillet, sliced into thick medallions
FOR THE ROSEMARY OVEN-ROASTED POTATOES
1kg medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
60ml sunflower or canola oil
sea salt and milled black pepper
6–8 rosemary sprigs
6 garlic cloves, peeled
75g feta cheese, crumbled
extra Sriracha Sauce
1. To make the Sriracha steaks, mix all the marinade ingredients, except the steak, together in a non-metallic bowl.
2. Add the steaks and coat with the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
3. To make the rosemary oven-roasted potatoes, preheat the oven to 220˚C.
4. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 8–10 minutes. Drain well and let the potatoes dry completely.
5. Toss the cooled, dry potatoes in the oil and season well with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a roasting pan and add the rosemary and garlic.
6. Roast the potatoes in the hot oven for 25 minutes. Loosen the potatoes with a metal spatula and turn them over. Roast for another 20–30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through and the edges are crispy. Just before serving, scatter the feta cheese on top.
7. When ready, cook the steaks on a hot grill pan or on the braai, until cooked to your liking. Serve with extra Sriracha Sauce, if desired, the rosemary oven-roasted potatoes and a crisp green salad.