Miranda and Christophe Dubois of L’Epis Dore French Bakery and Cafe, enjoy entertaining friends at long lunches that are simple yet delicious
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 500g polenta
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 15ml thyme leaves
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 30ml olive oil
1. Boil the stock in a large pan, add the polenta and using a wooden spoon beat the mixture together. Cook for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the cheese, thyme and seasoning.
2. Spread the mixture (about 4cm thick) in a flat tin and leave to set.
3. Cut out rounds with a cookie cutter, then pan-fry in olive oil for 2–3 minutes per side until golden brown.
This recipe serves 8 – 10.