- 125ml coconut oil
- 500ml mixed seeds, such as sesame, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seed
- 500ml mixed nuts, such as hazelnuts, whole almonds, macadamia, pecan or walnuts
- 200ml desiccated coconut
- 100ml coconut flakes
- 15ml poppy seeds
- 100g cocoa nibs (optional)
- 10ml sugar or some
- xylitol (optional)
- 500ml filter coffee, cold
- thick plain or vanilla yoghurt
- pomegranate seeds or
- fresh raspberries (optional)
- Place the first seven ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the sugar or the xylitol into the coffee and pour over the seed mixture. Allow it to soak for 15–20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spread the granola over 1–2 large baking sheets. Bake for 20–30 minutes, tossing lightly halfway through cooking time. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Spoon some of the yoghurt into small jars, to about halfway, top with granola and pomegranate seeds and fresh raspberries, if using.
COOK’S TIP: Store the granola in an air-tight container. This amount makes a large quantity, and as it’s an expensive recipe, it can be halved if desired.
This recipe makes about 1,5kg