Last updated on 18 October 2016
Inspired by a love of food and decor shopping, stylist Taryne Jakobi decks out her table for the perfect girly brunch
- 175ml–250ml sugar or some xylitol, to taste
- 250ml water (for the sugar syrup)
- 250ml lemon juice or pink grapefruit
- 750ml–1l cold water
- lemon slices or frozen
- grapefruit wedges
- Make a syrup by heating the sugar (or xylitol) and water in a small saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely. Set aside.
- If using grapefruit, use a juicer to extract the juice until you have the required amount.
- Pour the juice and the sugar water into a jug. Top up with the cold water to taste. Refrigerate for 30–40 minutes.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemons or frozen grapefruit wedges.
COOK’S TIP: If the lemonade is too sweet for your taste, add a little more lemon juice to it.
This recipes serves 4–6 people