“When I entertain, I love to serve relaxed, home-style dishes that are simple to prepare,” says Cape Town caterer Kate George of The Food Room (083 700 5859)
- 2 bunches baby carrots, scrubbed and peeled with the stalks trimmed
- ½t cumin seeds, crushed
- handful fresh thyme leaves
- 6 whole cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 knobs butter
- ½ cup white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- herb greens, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray and place all the ingredients on top. Place another piece of baking paper on top and tuck the sides in to make a parcel. Use a stapler to make sure the edges are properly sealed.
2. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the carrots are tender. You may need to cook the carrots for longer if they are bigger than baby carrots.
This recipe serves 8.