A long leisurely lunch with a jug of Pimm’s is Jo’burg floral designer Stefan Norval’s ([email protected] or afreshevent.co.za) ideal way to spend a Sunday afternoon
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 15ml cumin seeds
- 15ml fennel seeds
- 15ml coriander seeds
- 4 avocados, halved, pitted and peels removed
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat a griddle pan or grill to a medium-high heat.
2. Whisk together the lime juice, zest and olive or avocado oil in a small bowl.
3. Place the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar and crush them lightly.
4. Brush each avocado half with the lime juice mixture and dust with the spices.
5. Cook the avocados for about 4–5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn and cook for 3 more minutes until the avocado is warm, but not mushy.
6. Season with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
This recipe serves 8.