“When I entertain, I love to serve relaxed, home-style dishes that are simple to prepare,” says Cape Town caterer Kate George of The Food Room (083 700 5859)
- 3 heads cos lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2T Dijon mustard
- 1T brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup hazelnut oil
1. To make the salad: break up the cos lettuce in a salad bowl and mix in the avocado and spring onion. Top with the toasted nuts.
2. To make the dressing: whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
3. Drizzle the salad with the dressing just before serving.
This recipe serves 8.