Cookery teacher and caterer Danielle du Toit of Pheka (pheka.co.za) prefers simple, seasonal dishes that complement the relaxed style of entertaining she loves
- few handfuls fresh green beans
- 1T olive oil
- 1t balsamic vinegar
- small squeeze fresh lemon juice
- ¼ onion, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- handful feta cheese
- handful cashew nuts, roasted and salted
1. Top and tail the beans and blanch them in boiling water for a few minutes; they should still be crunchy. Drain and pour cold water over them to help retain their bright green colour.
2. Once the beans have cooled, mix them with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and squeeze of lemon juice. Add the finely-chopped onion, season with salt and pepper and crumble the feta cheese over the top. Add the nuts just before serving; if added too early they will go soggy.
This recipe serves 4.