This light dish is the perfect starter for a summer occasion
- 150g day-old crusty white bread
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 25ml sherry vinegar or
- red wine vinegar
- 100g seedless green grapes, peeled
- 125ml olive or avocado oil
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock, ice cold
- salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 15ml chives, finely chopped
- 12 seedless green grapes, peeled, if desired, and halved
- 45ml flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- fresh country-style bread
- Remove the crusts from the day-old bread, cut it into cubes and place in a food processor.
- Add the almonds, garlic, vinegar, grapes and oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Blend, and with the motor running, slowly add the cold chicken or vegetable stock until it is thick and creamy. Season to taste. Transfer to a container and refrigerate until well chilled.
- To serve, ladle the cold soup into chilled bowls and top with a drizzle of olive or avocado oil, some chives, grapes and toasted almonds.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.