Having catered for the likes of Prince William, bespoke caterer Tamara Le Pine-Williams of Salle a Manger (011 784 8334) knows how to make all her guests feel like VIPs whenever she entertains
- 4 red peppers
- 4 yellow peppers
- 60ml vinaigrette (made from 3 parts olive oil to 1 part balsamic vinegar or lemon juice for a citrus flavour)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- handful basil
- handful toasted pine nuts
- salt and milled black pepper
- handful wild rocket leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Roast the whole peppers for 10–15 minutes until they are lightly blackened all over. Check them and turn them over as they colour. Remove from the oven and immediately place in a plastic bag, tie the top and allow them to sweat until completely cooled. Remove from the bag and peel the skins from the peppers, deseed and slice thinly.
3. Toss the peppers with the vinaigrette and the other ingredients. Serve at room temperature on a bed of wild rocket leaves.
Cook’s note: This salad keeps in the fridge for several days; it’s perfect for vegetarians. To serve as a starter or for added interest, add chopped anchovy fillets.
This recipe serves 8.