Having catered for the likes of Prince William, bespoke caterer Tamara Le Pine-Williams of Salle a Manger (011 784 8334) knows how to make all her guests feel like VIPs whenever she entertains
- 8 x 350g kabeljou fillets, skin on
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 24 whole cherry tomatoes, halved
- grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 15ml chilli pepper and ginger jam (or sweet chilli sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- Maldon salt and milled
- black pepper
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 250g spinach, steamed
- seasonal vegetables, like baby butternut and cherry tomatoes, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the fish fillets on eight individual sheets of silver foil. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients, except the coriander, over the fish and seal the foil to form pockets. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the fish from the oven and silver foil and place it on a bed of lightly steamed baby spinach on a serving platter. Scatter the coriander on top and serve with seasonal veg..
Cook’s note: Land-farmed kabeljou cooked in a foil pocket is full of flavour and perfect after a richer starter. Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes as you sit down to your starter for a hassle-free luncheon.
Wine suggestion: De Morgenzon Chenin Blanc is ideal with these oriental flavours.
This recipe serves 8.