Caterer Bertha Chibale of Hearts and Tarts (021 671 6262) has put together a summer lunch menu featuring her favourite ingredient, fresh Norwegian salmon
- 1–1½ kg fillet of Norwegian or Cape salmon (whole)
- 2T olive oil
- sea salt
For the carrot and cabbage salad:
- 1 medium red cabbage, grated
- 3 large carrots, grated
- few sprigs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3T plain yoghurt (heaped)
For then Thai sauce:
- 90g coriander
- 2T fish sauce
- 1T red chilli, minced
- 2t sugar
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 4T lemon juice
- ¼ cup sweet Indonesian soy sauce
- rind of two lemons, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Rub the olive oil onto the fish and sprinkle with the salt before baking for 8–12 minutes until cooked.
3. Mix all the salad ingredients together and set aside.
4. To make the sauce: mix all the ingredients together and blend for 1–2 minutes. Decant into a serving jug.
5. To serve: place the fish on a large platter and arrange the carrot and cabbage salad around the edges. Serve at room temperature with the Thai sauce on the side.
This recipe serves 8.