Hemelhuijs Restaurant, located on Cape Town’s Waterkant Street, serves up inviting dishes with a South African flavour
For the marinade:
- 250ml dry white wine
- 75ml water
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 15ml fish sauce
- 10ml fresh dill, chopped
- 7,5ml light brown sugar
- large pinch of saffron
- black pepper to taste
- 5ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 6 x 180g portions of fresh tuna
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup white butter beans, cooked
- fresh dill to finish
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
2. Place the tuna into the marinade and marinate for 1 hour.
3. Heat a pan and sear the tuna for a minute on each side, depending on the thickness.
4. Remove the tuna from the pan and set aside to rest.
5. Deglaze the pan with the marinade and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and butter beans and cook for 2-3 minutes and season to taste.
7. Slice the tuna, place in serving bowls and spoon over the tomato and butter bean sauce.
8. Sprinkle with extra dill.
This recipe serves serves 6 people