Treat yourself with these delicious sweet and savoury recipes from SASKO
For the pastry:
- 120g butter
- 200g Sasko Self Cake Flour
- 2-3T ice cold water
For the filling:
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1t Sasko Self raising Flour
- 250g creme fraiche / sour cream
- ¾ cup mature Cheddar
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- ½ mixed dried herbs or 1t chopped fresh herbs (thyme parsley)
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 75g zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- Add the flour and butter to a food processor and briefly blitz to a fine crumb.
- Pour the ice water through the spout and briefly mix to form dough.
- Tip this onto a floured surface and knead gently.
- Cover in cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins to an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll the pastry out to about 4mm thick and lay this over a loose bottomed tart tin (23-28cm in diameter).
- Prick the surface of the pastry with a fork in multiple places, cover with baking paper and fill with baking beans, dried beans or rice. Bake blind in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; take out the baking paper and beans and put the pastry case back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
To make the filling:
- Fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan until crispy. Drain on paper and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into ribbons, using only the fleshier inner parts.
- Beat the eggs and flour together until well combined.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Place the hot pastry tart in the case on a baking tray and pour in the filling. Top with the bacon and zucchini arranging things evenly over the top.
- Return the quiche to the oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until it has set and browned around the edged.