When event planner Glynis Hyslop entertains her maxim is ‘simple, unfussy and fresh’
- 1 large country-style Italian loaf
- 25ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25ml olive oil
- 10ml garlic, finely chopped
- 2ml chilli oil
- 2ml sherry vinegar
- 2ml fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2ml flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 large trout fillets, smoked
For the wasabi aioli
- 250ml Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5ml prepared wasabi (Japanese green horseradish)
- handful of rocket leaves
- 1 lemon
- To make the bruschetta: preheat the oven to 180°C. Slice the bread into 1cm thick slices. Cut each slice in half on the diagonal and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Mix together the olive oils, garlic, chilli oil, sherry vinegar, dill and parsley. Brush the bread slices with half of this dressing and season with salt and pepper. Bake the bruschetta until they’re golden and crisp, but still soft inside.
- Shred the trout in a large mixing bowl, add the remaining dressing and mix through.
- To make the wasabi aioli: mix all the ingredients together.
- To serve: top each bruschetta with a rocket leaf, some of the flaked trout mixture and a squeeze of lemon juice. Pop a dollop of wasabi aioli on each.
This recipe serves 6 people