Olive Hamilton Russell’s sophisticated dishes are inspired by the seasonal produce she grows on her family’s wine estate. She shares a few festive recipes from her cookbook, ‘A Year on a Cape Wine Estate – Entertaining at Hamilton Russell Vineyards’ (Struik Lifestyle)
- 1,2kg sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into chips
- 60ml Hamilton Russell Vineyards Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 15ml butter
- 30ml Hamilton Russell Vineyards Chardonnay
- 30ml freshly chopped ginger
- 2ml dried chilli, chopped
1. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Boil the sweet potato chips for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the olive oil, butter and wine in a roasting tray. Spread the sweet potato chips in the roasting tray and sprinkle with the ginger and chilli. Shake the pan to coat the potatoes in the buttery olive oil.
3. Roast for 50–60 minutes, turning the potatoes every 15–20 minutes.
This recipe serves 8.
RECIPE: OLIVE HAMILTON RUSSELL