Terri Coyle of boutique eatery JennaVIVA (jennaviva.co.za) uses edible flowers and chives to add colour to this hearty salad.
- 4 large sweet potatoes or 6 small to medium ones
- 150g beetroot
- 150g butternut
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh garlic clove (optional)
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 1 packet baby lettuce leaves
- 150g green beans, cleaned and blanched
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- medium-size tub of feta cheese, cubed
- handful of Rosa tomatoes, halved and lightly oven roasted to soften
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette dressing (optional)
- pansies and whole chives, for garnish
1. Clean and cut the sweet potatoes, beetroot and butternut into pieces then oven grill until soft.
2. Lightly rub the inside of a salad bowl with olive oil and if desired, a fresh garlic clove. Toss the salad ingredients together in the bowl.
3. Sprinkle lightly with salt and dressing and serve garnished with pansies and chives.
This recipe serves 6.