- 4 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1t salt
- 1t bicarbonate of soda
- 1t baking powder
- 60g cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup Jungle Oats
- 1 large egg
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and bicarb and baking powder.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add raisins and Jungle Oats.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture then add egg and buttermilk.
- Mix together with a spoon until just combined.
- Form into a ball then place onto a greased tray.
- Cut a deep cross in the bread then bake for 30-40 minutes or until the bread is cooked through.