Last updated on 30 May 2019
This yummy recipe from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) substitutes cake flour with almond flour and it’s completely sugar free
- 3½ cups almond flour
- 3 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup plain, full-cream yoghurt
- ¼t salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Beat together all the ingredients until smooth, then turn into a loaf tin, greased and lined with baking paper. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack. For a softer crust, wrap in a tea towel until cooled.
(Makes 1 small loaf)
- Per slice: energy: 269 kcal protein: 10g fat: 23g carbs: 5g ratio: 1.6:1