This yummy recipe from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) substitutes cake flour with almond flour and it’s completely sugar free
- 3½ cups almond flour
- 3 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup plain, full-cream yoghurt
- ¼t salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Beat together all the ingredients until smooth, then turn into a loaf tin, greased and lined with baking paper. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack. For a softer crust, wrap in a tea towel until cooled.
(Makes 1 small loaf)
- Per slice: energy: 269 kcal protein: 10g fat: 23g carbs: 5g ratio: 1.6:1