Whether dad has a sweet tooth or enjoys savoury dishes, these delicious recipes from SASKO Flour are sure to be a hit this Father’s Day
- 150g Sasko Cake Flour
- 100g Sasko White Bread Flour
- 10g sachet instant yeast
- 1t sugar
- 1t salt
- 1 cup luke-warm water
- Flour for dusting
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the water and stir with a fork until a bread dough starts to form, then turn out onto a floured surface and bring together to form a ball.
- Knead the dough for 6-8 minutes until it becomes silky and elastic in texture.
- Dust a bowl with flour and place the dough inside. Cover with a cloth or cling film and leave to rise for 20-30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C
- Beat the dough back down and divide into 3 smaller balls.
- Dust a rolling surface with flour, place the dough balls on the flour, cover with a cloth and allow to rise for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Dust the pizza dough with more flour and roll out the pizza shapes.
- Dust a baking tray with flour to prevent pizzas from sticking.
- Transfer the pizza base to the baking tray, prick with a fork, top with toppings of your choice and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until crisp around the edges and beginning to brown.
- It is important that you add warm and not hot water to the dry ingredients – if the water is too hot it will damage the yeast and the dough won’t rise.
- Kneading the dough is a vital part of the process as it allows the gluten in the flour to develop, resulting in bread that is light rather than dense and dry.
- If you don’t want to use the dough straight away then keep it covered with cling film in the fridge until needed (after it has risen and been beaten down).
- Before placing your toppings on the pizza, line the base with a tomato paste and season to taste.
This recipe makes ±3 pizza bases