Last updated on 1 Apr 2019
This Asian inspired green Thai chicken curry from TV personality and well-known chef, Mynhardt Joubert promises to tickle the taste buds
- 100ml canola oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut length wise into chips
- 1Tablespoon of green curry paste
- 2-3 fresh green chilies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2t chopped fresh ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1t dried fine coriander
- ½t of dried fine cumin
- 2 handfuls of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cupchicken stock
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1t sugar
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 100g tender stem broccoli
- 100g mange tout
- 1T fish sauce
- Juice and rind of one lime
- Fresh basil and coriander
- Handful of sprouts
- Place the sweet potatoes on a roasting tray and toss with 50ml canola oil and season.
- Bake until golden brown (for about 25 to 30 minutes).
- In a food processor add the curry paste, chillies, ginger, garlic, dried coriander, cumin and a dash of chicken stock. Blend until a paste has formed.
- Add 50ml of the oil to a pan or wok and quick fry the paste. Add the chicken and sugar and caramelise together.
- Add the rest of the chicken stock and coconut milk and heat through.
- Add the mangetout and broccoli with the fish sauce, lime juice and rind and cook until it starts to bubble then remove from the heat.
- Serve in large soup bowl with sweet potato chips and garnish with fresh basil and coriander and sprouts.
*The chicken can easily be substituted with prawns or any other seafood.