These chicken drumsticks from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) give a good protein and calcium boost, feeding bones and muscles
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Salt and milled pepper, to taste
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 large free-range egg
- 8 free-range drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a dish or on a plate, combine the Parmesan and seasoning.
- In another dish, mix together the melted butter and the egg.
- Dip and roll each drumstick in the egg-butter wash, then roll to coat in the cheese.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese coating is brown and crisp.
- Per serving: energy: 265 kcal protein: 24g fat: 18g carbs: 0g ratio: 0.8:1