- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and cubed
- 2T plain flour
- ½t salt
- ¼t freshly ground black pepper
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3T chunky fruit chutney
- 6 ready to eat dried apricots, halved
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and diced
- 3T medium curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, to top (optional)
- Add the chicken to a mixing bowl. Mix in the flour, salt and pepper and toss until covered.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the chutney, apricots and half the apple.
- Add the curry paste and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the remaining apple, sultanas, cashew nuts and the browned chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce thick and shiny. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice and/or naan bread and a sprinkling of coriander leaves
(This recipe serves 4 people)