For the cake:
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¾ cup NoMU Cocoa Powder (plus extra to dust)
- 1 ½t baking powder
- 2t bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 pump NoMU Vanilla Paste
- ½ cup boiling water
For the chocolate ganache:
- 200g NoMU Decadent Hot Chocolate pieces
- 80ml cream
- 40g unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly butter a 25cm diameter Bundt cake tin (10cm deep) and dust with cocoa.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the cake flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and stir in the ground almonds with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sunflower oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, NoMU Vanilla Paste and water and whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Fold together until combined and smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the chocolate ganache:
- Combine the NoMU Decadent Hot Chocolate pieces and cream in a microwavable bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring regularly, until melted.
- Add the cubes of butter and stir again until glossy and smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature, then drizzle the ganache over the cooled cake.
- Delicious as is or served with double cream and berries, figs or poached pears.
(This recipe makes 1 cake)