This interesting menu by Marc Shotland and Quique Sanchez will bring the whole family together this summer
FOR THE BASE:
- 1 packet tennis biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 100g sugar
- 3 tubs low-fat, smooth cream cheese
- 270g white chocolate, melted
FOR THE BERRY REDUCTION:
- 500g frozen mixed berries
- 30ml sugar
- 5ml cornflour, slaked in
- 15ml water
- 5ml rosewater, optional
- To make the base: grease a spring form cake tin and set aside.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until crumbed. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, stir in the melted butter and mix well.
- Press the mixture in an even layer in the base of the spring form tin. Chill until required.
- To make the filling: preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk for 2–3 minutes. Add the cream cheese and melted chocolate and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and bake for 30–40 minutes, or until just set in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and let the cheesecake cool completely.
- To make the berry reduction: place the frozen berries and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil; cook for 3–5 minutes or until the berries have defrosted.
- Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 3–4 minutes until it thickens slightly. Allow it to cool.
- Stir in the rosewater (optional). Serve with the white chocolate cheesecake.
This recipe serves 8-10 people