Being healthy doesn’t always mean passing on the sweet stuff, and this dessert from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) proves it
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup melted butter, plus extra if needed
- 3 free-range eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2T xylitol
- 1t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and grease a square baking pan.
- Mix together all the ingredients and spoon into the baking pan (if the mixture is very dry, add a little more melted butter).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Per serving: energy: 198 kcal protein: 4g fat: 12g carbs: 20g ratio: 0.5:1