Last updated on 12 December 2018
Being healthy doesn’t always mean passing on the sweet stuff, and this dessert from Real Food, Healthy, Happy Children, by Kath Megaw, R335, (Quivertree) proves it
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup melted butter, plus extra if needed
- 3 free-range eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2T xylitol
- 1t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and grease a square baking pan.
- Mix together all the ingredients and spoon into the baking pan (if the mixture is very dry, add a little more melted butter).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Per serving: energy: 198 kcal protein: 4g fat: 12g carbs: 20g ratio: 0.5:1