Wow your Valentine with these cool and summery dishes that are oh-so-simple to make
- 250ml cream
- 60ml milk
- 30ml fresh mint, finely chopped
- 80g good-quality dark chocolate,
- finely chopped
- 30g castor sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 10ml cocoa powder
- few sprigs fresh mint
- fresh berries (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C.
- Place the cream, milk, mint and chocolate in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and egg yolks together, until pale and creamy. Gradually stir in the chocolate mixture. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug. Pour the mixture into heart-shaped ramekins or pretty serving cups.
- Place the ramekins or cups in a baking dish. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins and bake for 40–50 minutes, or until the puddings are just set. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Chill until required.
- Before serving, dust the tops with a little cocoa powder and garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve with a few fresh berries and some whipped cream, if desired.