This light, rose flavoured granita from Debbie O’Flaherty, owner of Let’s Celebrate, a boutique venue in Jo’burg, is guaranteed to kick start summer parties
- 3 x 330ml cartons sparkling pomegranate and apple juice
- juice of 1 large orange
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1t rose water
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Mix the sparkling pomegranate and apple juice with the orange juice, lemon juice and rose water then pour into a wide shallow container and freeze.
- Leave for 1–2 hours before breaking up the surface with a fork every 30 minutes until completely frozen.
- Serve in martini glasses with a few pomegranate seeds.