Jane Wood of Gameal’s Cedar Cafe (012 460 9797) and her brother, landscaper Anthony Koury (083 263 1482), prepare an exotic feast that celebrates their Lebanese heritage
- 600ml full-cream milk
- 30ml cornflour
- 45ml granulated sugar
- 15ml orange blossom water
- 15ml rose water
- 40ml flaked almonds and chopped pistachio nuts, to serve
1. Place the milk in a saucepan with the cornflour and sugar. Bring to the boil stirring all the time with a whisk. Reduce the heat and keep whisking for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange blossom water and rose water. Pour into one large glass bowl or individual bowls and leave to cool. Chill.
3. Serve scattered with the nuts.
This recipe serves 6.