This irresistible feast by importer of luxury linen and chef, Debbie Reinders-Hall and her daughters, will definitely inspire you to invite your friends over
YOU’LL ALSO LOVE: SPINACH AND SWEETCORN TART
For the whole wheat pastry:
- 300g whole wheat flour
- 170g butter
- 10ml salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 60–120ml water
For the quiche filling:
- 20g butter
- 10ml olive oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 packet spinach
- 125g brie cheese
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- 5ml rosemary, chopped
For the custard:
- 4 eggs
- 500ml cream
- 5ml nutmeg
ALSO TRY: POTATO PANCAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON TROUT
- To make the pastry: place the flour, butter and salt in a food processor and mix together.
- Add the egg yolk mixed with the water and pulse a few times until a dough has formed.
- Place the pastry in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Then roll it out on a floured surface and place in a greased quiche tin.
- To make the quiche filling: place the butter, olive oil and onions in a pan and cook until caramelised.
- Chop up the other ingredients and mix them together with the onions in a bowl.
- To assemble the quiche: preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the filling on the pastry base.
- Mix the custard ingredients together and pour over the top.
- Bake the quiche for 40–50 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This recipe serves 8 people