Make this delicious dessert in only six steps! This easy apple crumble is the perfect mid-week sweet treat. Use Tru-Cape apples for the best results.
MORE LIKE THIS: GOLDEN APPLE CAKE
- 4 apples (peeled, cored and cut into small chunks)
- 100g raspberries or strawberries
- 1t ground cinnamon
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 100g brown sugar
- 125g butter (cut into cubes)
- 75g cake flour
- 75g white star super maize meal
- 75g rolled oats
- 50g chopped hazelnuts or pecan nuts
Related to “Easy Apple Crumble”: APPLE AND PEAR RICE KRISPIE CRUMBLE WITH BRANDY-GINGER CUSTARD
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add apples, raspberries, cinnamon, orange zest and juice, and half of the sugar into a bowl and mix. Divide the mixture between four greased oven proof bowls or ramekins.
- Place the butter, flour and maize meal in a mixing bowl and rub with your fingers until it resembles wet sand. Stir in the remaining sugar, oats, and nuts.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apple mixture in the four bowls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until juice starts to bubble through the crumble topping.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.