Last updated on 18 October 2016
Delicious dessert recipes from Tru-Cape
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2t baking powder
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2t milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 200 chevin goat’s milk cheese
- a handful of pecan nuts
- honey, for drizzling
- Mix the apple sauce, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and just enough milk to form a thick consistency.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop a spoonful of the mixture into the pan then cook until small bubbles form on top. Carefully turn over and cook on the other side until golden.
- Once cooked drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut the goat’s milk cheese in thin rounds and top each fritter. Top with the nuts and drizzle with honey.
This recipe serves 6 people