- 800g side of salmon, skin on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 45g fresh breadcrumbs
- 30g dried cranberries, chopped
- 60ml green onion, finely chopped
- 40g butter, melted
- 30ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 10ml lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Oil a baking tray.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place skin-side down on the baking tray.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cranberries, onion, 30g of the melted butter, thyme and lemon zest in a medium bowl, and blend well. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto the salmon and press to adhere.
- Drizzle with the remaining melted butter. Bake until the topping is golden and salmon is just opaque in the centre, about 20 minutes.
(This recipe serves 4 people)